Oklahoma County Clerk
Welcome to the Oklahoma County Clerk's Office
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as your Oklahoma County Clerk. I am elected every four years by the voters of Oklahoma County. The County Clerk is a Constitutional Office and my duties have been set out in the state statutes by the legislature.1. Registrar of Deeds – all documents related to property (real estate) interests, such
as deeds, mortgages, liens and mineral interests from 1890 to the present are filed
and permanently kept by the County Clerk
2. Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) – The Oklahoma County Clerk’s Office is the Central Filing Office for all financing statements for the State of Oklahoma.
3. By law the County Clerk serves as the secretary to numerous county boards, such
as the Board of County Commissioners, Excise/Equalization Boards, and Tax Roll Correction Board. As such, the Clerk is the custodian of all county board records. Those records are available for the public to view or be copied under the State’s Open Records Act.
4. The County Clerk or their designee is the Purchasing Agent for the County. However, in a Budget Board County the Purchasing Agent may be appointed by the Budget Board.
5. Under the umbrella of Finance, the County Clerk handles the county’s Accounts Payable, Payroll, inventory, and budget. We are the encumbering officer for the county. We act as a checks and balance to the County Treasurer who handles the accounts receivables.
6. Administration within the County Clerk’s Office would include office-wide InformationTechnology, Human Resource and county-wide Benefits.
Which record search website do you prefer most? AiLIS or ROAM?
Office Address and Location
Oklahoma County Clerk’s Office
320 Robert S. Kerr, Room 108
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Hours of Operation